Being a PPC expert, you must have come across many terms as a part of your daily routine and Google Ads and Ad Words Express would also be one of them. As similar as the name sounds, you have always been stuck with this question on the difference between Google Ads and Ad Words Express. If they are as similar as the name sounds or if there are some differences between them that makes both of them different from each other. In this blog, we will explore the major differences between them and how Google Ads and Ad Words Express are like now. This blog is not simply about how these two work separately and Google is not simply about
What Are Google Ads?
Google offers advertisements which appear in search results on google.com with the use of Google Ad Words or advertisements that appear on other websites through the Display Network and Google’s AdSense program.
How did Google Ads work with its users?
This was for people who have got the time to manage online campaigns, like an extra five to 15 hours per week minimum. As mentioned above Google Ads give you the ability to show up on Google.com, the Google Display Network, and Google Maps. Depending on how people build their campaigns, and how active of a manager they are.
What is Ad Words Express?
Google Ad Words Express is an advertising product that automatically manages your online ads, without the need for daily management or tasks. The potential customers of your products and services already search Google for what you offer. Ad Words Express helps these customers find your business through ads on Google or Google Maps.
How did Ad Words Express work with its users?
Ad Words Express was designed for people who are running the Pay per click campaigns with limited resources and don’t have time to manage online campaigns successfully. Ad Words Express have thought to even delete the possibility of hiring a Pay per Click consultant or agency. It’s all you can do by yourself thing. Ad Words Express was born with the perception that it is ideal for small and medium-sized business owners.
Now here comes the plot twist. Most of you have known Google Ads and Ad Words Express for operating separately but there is a new update. Google Ads and Ad Words Express are now merged by Google. Well, according to our opinion this is good news! But before we dissect the good parts of the news for you, let’s dig in first to understand how these two worked separately.
So what’s changing in Google Ads and Ad Words Express?
Ad Words Express campaigns are now available in Google Ads as Smart campaigns. The merger will allow Ad Words Express advertisers to utilize the features from Google Ads platform. Now it will be easy to see how much reporting and additional opportunities people have been missing out on and would bring a chance to utilize it. This merger opens your doors on how much more control you can have with your campaigns. This situation bring more plus to Ad Words Express advertisers because the product behavior will be same but only with some little change.
What benefits this merger has to bring?
It will allow users to:
- Create an online ad quickly and easily.
- Only Pay when people click your ad.
- Attract more customers to your website
- Google Maps listing.
- Minimal ongoing management necessary.
- Your ads will be run by Google Ads for you.
- Reach customers on mobile devices, tablets and desktop computers.
- Your ads effectiveness must be reviewed in your dashboard.
Maintenance of two unique interfaces that deals with almost the same thing was not a good use of resources. But now both of these operates as one. Google has now unified everything offered by both Google Ads and Ad Words express into the same UI which is called as “Smart campaigns”.
Other than the benefits listed by Google, there are some key features of smart campaigns too, like:
- “Campaigns” overview: An account’s home base which contains Google-generated performance insights.
- Provides important notifications about campaigns, billing issues, etc. i.e. Critical account alerts
- Shows the number of calls received from a campaign, along with the number of clicks i.e.: Verified calls
- Helps in tracking the number of times people clicked the business’ pin on Google Maps, or got directions to the business i.e. Map actions
- Track able actions taken by visitors on your website after clicking an ad i.e. Google Analytics
- Options of choosingthe times of the days, the week and day to run an ad i.e. Ad scheduling
This is what Google Ads and Ad words express combined and as a merger operate. We are a big fan of the merger but you can defiantly have an opinion once you give it a try for yourself.